Pages

Thursday, January 23, 2014

t.h.u.r.s.d.a.y.

thursday, my love, my favorite day of the week

I have always loved a Thursday.  It really means the week is on the way to being over.  Tomorrow really is Friday, the weekend just a day after that.  And ever since I started college, it always meant the potential for a long weekend.  Just one more day of the week to get through before that blessed break we call the weekend.

My weekly schedule is currently opposite of the standard: my weekend is the middle of the week these days!  I am taking clinical courses about an hour from my apartment in the city, near where family and friends live, so I spend the middle of the week away from the city and with my family and friends.  It is strange, especially because I don't want to be spending my weekends studying all day, but at some point I have to study!

So, off we go, then.

My wonderful, Heavenly Father,

Thank you so much for this week in clinical.  It has been a wonderful experience of watching babies come into the world.  I do wish I was able to do more, but I know those opportunities will come in time.  I am so happy to be helping babies be born.  I am so glad You brought me to this place.

I am praying for my church community again this morning.  St Timothy is such a wonderful place.  I love that we spent our 20-somethings group talking about how much we love shift and the people that make it up.  I could not be more blessed to have found such an amazing community of people to live life with.  It sure is going to be hard to stay connected to them, and feeling connected to them, while I live in New Orleans and they aren't here and I'm not there (isn't spontaneity the spice of friendships?), but I pray our friendships persevere.  I pray the closesness doesn't fade.  I also pray for each of these wonderful people, and I pray we continue to be friends for a very long time.

Thank you so much for STUMC and Shift, God.  Thank you for being so awesome as to bring these things into my life.  I know this summer would have been so much more awful without being a part of this group of people.  Thank you, God.

I love you so much.  Thank you for everything.

In Your name I pray, amen.


[xoxo]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so excited you have a thought to share with me! Please feel free to do so. Be sure to include your email address so I can respond! Have a wonderful day!