I am so happy to be back!
It was a long and crazy semester y'all! But by the grace of God I'm on the other side of it with 3 A's, 2 B's, and a C.
So, I'm officially a Senior I, which means fall is the first semester of my SENIOR YEAR! My second senior year, but whatever. I am very anxious to tackle my most
But first, a new blog name and summertime!
My new blog name - peaches & magnolias - reflects my background and everything about who I am. I'm really excited about this!
Peaches, of course, are the most obvious representation of Georgia, the state I called my full-time home for 15 years and my long-distance home for 3 more. I love Georgia. I love the mountains, the coastline, the fall line, the cities. I love everything that Georgia did to create the setting of my childhood and adolescence. Everything:
- the high schools where I performed with the East Paulding marching band (that had backgrounds of beautiful mountains)
- my home church, Hope Church, and the fact that I literally grew up with it as it grew
- the many locations that I auditioned or performed in honor band
- the places that I helped through my church's Hands of Hope
- the Silver Comet Trail
- Dallas (Paulding County), Marietta, Acworth, Atlanta, and Savannah
- our neighborhood pool
- my elementary, middle, and high schools
- local parks
- the history and Southern charm
- among many, many others
Magnolias represent both my family heritage and my life in young adulthood. I came to LSU when I graduated from high school, spent an additional year in Baton Rouge, and now I'm in New Orleans working on nursing school. I've only been living here for 7 years so I don't have the same amount of time to compare to Georgia. But I love it. Additionally, with my last name as Richard (that's pronounced "Ree-shard"), I have the Cajun heritage. It's a wonderful place.
I hope you like the new name! I think this one will stick.
Come back soon! Now that it's summer and I'm only working, expect lots of posts! Hopefully even a routine can be set up so by the time fall gets here, I can keep posting on a regular schedule!
Please tell me something about yourself! I'd love to get to know you!