Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

prayerful, thoughtful considerations

my friends,

I have been thinking a lot about this blog, and how terrible I am at writing posts.  The fact of the matter is, I am imperfect, and I set too high of a goal for myself.  This semester of nursing school is much busier than I thought it would be.  A blog post a day is too much for me.

So the blog is going to change.

He has redeemed my soul from going down into the pit, and my life shall look upon the light.
Job 33:28

Behold, God is my helper; the Lord is the upholder of my life.
Psalm 54:4

Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.
Psalm 63:3

I am so imperfect, y'all, so completely imperfect.

I secretly, selfishly hoped this blog would be a reflection of a great life, a prayerful one, that without more specific details could be inspiring and bring more people to God.  But that is not what the Bible says, of course, I knew this.  The Bible talks about making disciples by being honest and real, revealing both the good and bad in my life.  It does not talk about making disciples by bragging about how wonderful your faith is... which I, basically, had hoped to do.  How selfish of me, how ridiculous of me to think I could do that.

So this blog is going to become a standard-type blog about my life.  My ups and downs.  My hopes and dreams.  My slow but perfectly-timed discovery of God's plan for my life.  Musings, things that strike my heart, the mundane realities of my life.  But that is all I have to offer: my life and myself.

You can expect a new blog post once a week, possibly more if it's a light week of schoolwork or summertime.

I do hope you'll be back, my friend.  I hope you come back many times.

I will continue to pray for things, and you can continue to let me know if you have prayer requests.  I will still pray, of course.

You are a blessing for reading this and for joining me on this journey of revealing myself.  And I am grateful for you.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I think writing a blog post once a day would be a lot for anyone! I like your idea of having a mix of prayer posts and other lifestyle posts. Sounds fun and I'm excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete

I am so excited you have a thought to share with me! Please feel free to do so. Be sure to include your email address so I can respond! Have a wonderful day!