Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

tuesday tuesday tuesday

hey y'all

I hope you're having a delightful Tuesday!  What a super dull day of the week, but very necessary, I believe.

And God said, "Let there be an expanse in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters."  And God made the expanse and separated the waters that were under the expanse from the waters that were above the expanse.  And it was so.  And God called the expanse Heaven.  And there was evening and there was morning, the second day.
Genesis 1:6-8 (ESV)

I love the English Standard Version because I love the verbiage.  I really like the way the words are written out.  It is translated from original writings, but in more of today's language than the King James Version.  Definitely one of my top favorite translations.

Anyway, onwards to today's prayer...

My glorious Father,

Thank you so much for this Tuesday.  Thank You for the opportunity to help women become mothers today, God, I am so grateful for that.  Thank You for supplying the means necessary for me to shadow a clinical nurse practitioner tomorrow- I am very excited to do so!

So since it's Tuesday I want to pray for the United States.  Goodness God, there is so much going on here politically.  Gay rights, abortion, TSA observing text messages and emails and other communications, already the talk of who is running for President in 2016, the issues over the Navy Seals that died overseas in August 2012... Oh Lord, the list does continue.  I find it so hard to decide where I stand on these topics so that I can vote consciously and be a good citizen, thankfully, votes are far between these days so there isn't a lot of pressure.  So I just want to pray to vote and act the way You want me to.  I know there are Christians all over America praying for the state of the Union and I pray we all act to keep America in Your hands.

I lift up our President and his Cabinet, the House, the Senate, the Supreme Court, and every other person holding office in government at any level, in any state, in any parish/county/city throughout America.  We are looking to our leadership to represent and support us, and though money often seems to have a louder voice these days, I pray that they remember what their job is.  And no matter what is coming for this nation, God, please be with us.

In Your name I pray, amen.

[xoxo]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so excited you have a thought to share with me! Please feel free to do so. Be sure to include your email address so I can respond! Have a wonderful day!