Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

saturday loves & sunday selfie

hello friendship.

Today has already been an eventful day and it's only 0840. I was borderline sick for a couple of days but I think it really settled in overnight. Sore throat, stuffy nose, whole nine yards. Boo. 

Well anyway, enough about me. More about my family and friends, for whom I'll be praying today. (FYI, in prayers like today's, I'm only going to use the first initial of his or her first name.) 


My glorious Heavenly Father,

Thank you for giving me a new day to wake up to this morning. Thanks for the glory I find in everyday little things, that remind me just how perfectly you created our world. I also love that You placed the people in my life that You did. I know everyone is here for a reason, and it am very thankful. I am so humbled by Your forethought that we would need companionship and that You have fulfilled this need in my life in various ways, but consistently, from day 1. Lord, You are gracious and glorious and amazing. Thank You so much, God. 

I'm praying for the hearts of those closest to me this morning. I am so happy You decided to bring them into my life.

On Sunday...

I apologize for the delay, I was working on praying for my family and friends, and I couldn't figure out what to say.  Though I pray for them frequently, I found hesitation when I was trying to figure out what to say when they might read it.  Felt a little awkward.  I'm just going to power through it, though.  I will also add today's prayer at the bottom of the continuation of yesterday's.


Anyway...

God, I'm sorry for interrupting yesterday's prayer.  I'm going to finish it now.

Thank you for my friends and family who are closest to me, and everyone who is in my life, for that matter.  You know what is on their hearts and minds today.  You know what is worrying them, what is a celebration to them.  I pray You are with them, all of them, in those joys and concerns that are on their heart.  I am just so thankful for them, God.  I am so thankful for them.  And I hope they know this.

I'd also like to lift up the concerns that are on my heart this Sunday... I am stressing about school, about gas money for driving to and from clinical, about how and when I will get all my schoolwork done, and about making the right choices.  You know what's on my heart, my God.  You know all my stresses, and best of all, You know how they're going to turn out.  I am so grateful for that, God.  I'm so grateful that You're here with me now and with me in the future.

I would also like to say a special request: please help me to completely let go of the past and let it stay there.  God, I'm grateful for my past and for what it's meant to me in my present.  It has brought me exactly to this point of my life, but boy am I grateful it's in the past.  I pray it stays there.  I pray I leave it there.  Nothing matters more to me than my present (since that's the only time I truly have), and I want to invest in my present.  I can't invest in my past, because it's passed.  I just want to live and love in today.  Please direct my focus to that, God.  Please help me leave it where it belongs.

Lord, I love you forever, I am so thankful for You in my life.  Thank you for what prayer is and what it means to me.

love, K

[xoxo]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so excited you have a thought to share with me! Please feel free to do so. Be sure to include your email address so I can respond! Have a wonderful day!